When is the treatment covered by the health insurance company?
Slovak health insurance companies reimburse 3 cycles of IVF until the age of 39 years and 364 days of the female patient according to Act No. 777/2004 Coll. if the following conditions are met:
- Missing fallopian tubes or irreversible damage to fallopian tubes diagnosed through laparoscopy or laparotomy, except for conditions that are a result of previous sterilization or abortion.
- Endometriosis of the woman which is diagnosed through laparoscopy or laparotomy.
- Irreversible damage to the ovaries, which is confirmed biochemically, trough laparoscopy or laparotomy, unless this damage is the result of an abortion.
- Idiopathic sterility, which is unsuccessfully treated for one year in a specialized medical facility.
- Male sterility factor – azoospermia, asthenospermia, ejaculatory dysfunctions and diseases related to chemotherapy or post-traumatic conditions verified by an andrologist.
- Immunological causes of sterility, which are verified in a laboratory.
- The risk of an inherited disease as a result of which the spouses cannot have a healthy offspring that has been verified by a geneticist.
- Endocrine causes of sterility verified by an endocrinologist.